Editor/Junior Editor – 5+
Little Tiger is an award-winning publisher of fiction and non-fiction children’s books for all ages. The 5+ team works across highly-illustrated chapter books, Middle Grade and Young Adult books. Although mostly focused on fiction, they also publish some non-fiction and novelty. They are currently looking for a passionate, creative and collaborative Editor or Junior Editor to join their team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Editing a range of books across the list, managing projects through from manuscript to publication
- Commissioning new books, developing relationships with agents and scouts, reading and responding to submissions.
- Generating book ideas to be pitched at concept meetings, writing briefs and assessing samples from authors
- Working closely with the design and production teams to ensure your books are a beautifully produced package
- Developing strong working relationships with authors and their agents, acting as the bridge between them and Little Tiger
- Collaborating with Sales, Rights, Marketing and Publicity to give your books the best chance at success
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in the children’s book industry (more for an Editor role)
- A collaborative and collegiate attitude
- Meticulous copyediting and proofreading skills
- Thorough and incisive structural and line editing skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A keen eye for detail and superb organisational skills
- A passion for children's books and an awareness of the market
- Working knowledge of InDesign and Word
This is an exciting role that you can make your own. If you have a passion for children's books and the skills required, we would love to hear from you.
This is a full-time role based in our office in Fulham, London. Up to two days a week can be worked remotely. Salary is available on request and will be dependent on experience. Please forward your CV and a covering letter outlining what you can bring to the role and Little Tiger to Lauren Ace email@example.com by Wednesday 29th September. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Little Tiger Group is committed to employing individuals from varied and diverse backgrounds in order to build a team which reflects the different communities of our readers. We employ people based on their abilities, regardless of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality or socio-economic background.