Editorial Assistant – Children’s Books
Company: Little Tiger Press
Location: London, UK
Salary Description: £21,000 p.a.
Closing date: 8th December 2020
Do you have a passion for children’s books, words and ideas? An eagle eye for detail, a nose for trends, and the ability to manage complex projects with calm competency? We have just the job for you . . .
Little Tiger Press publishes award-winning picture, novelty, non-fiction and board books. We are looking for an Editorial Assistant to join our busy team and support the Editors and Designers across our vibrant list. You will be organised, meticulous, creative and efficient. You will need to demonstrate flexibility and excellent communication skills: the ability to manage a busy workload and to work well with colleagues based in the office and working remotely.
- Check books to ensure total accuracy of format, spec and copy
- Manage reprints, secondary editions and re-use projects into production, including sales material
- Write lively, engaging copy for book covers and content, website, social media and marketing material
- Proofread material at all appropriate stages of production, ensuring total accuracy
- Contribute to and minute scheduling, production and editorial meetings
- Maintain filing of sales material, archive library and contracts
- Conduct market research and provide feedback on trends to help keep the list fresh and dynamic
- Maintain key departmental databases, plus miscellaneous administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department
Email your CV and covering letter, stating current salary if applicable, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘Editorial Assistant LTG’, by 8th December 2020. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Little Tiger Group is committed to employing individuals from varied and diverse backgrounds in order to build a team which reflects the different communities of our readers. We employ people based on their abilities, regardless of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality or socio-economic background.