Editorial Assistants (2 roles) – children’s novelty and picture books
Little Tiger Press is a dynamic publisher of award-winning picture, novelty and board books. We are looking for two Editorial Assistants who share our passion for children’s books to support and assist our editorial teams in the picture book and Bespoke departments.
You will be supremely organised, meticulous and creative, and be able to demonstrate a flair for words and ideas. You will need an exceptional eye for detail, plus the ability to manage a busy workload and to work well within a team.
- Manage paperbacks and reprints into production, including sales material
- Proofread material at all appropriate stages of production, ensuring total accuracy
- Maintain key departmental databases including royalties, plus miscellaneous administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Write lively, engaging copy for book covers and content, website, social media and marketing material
- Liaise with designers, editors, authors and illustrators
- Contribute to and minute scheduling, production and editorial meetings
- Maintain filing of contracts, sales material and archive library
The successful candidates will have:
- A keen eye for detail and superb organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- An outstanding sense of initiative and knowledge of markets and trends
- A passion for commercially successful children’s books
- Some publishing experience would be a bonus
A salary of £21,000 pa is on offer.
To apply: email your CV and covering letter, stating which role you are interested in, along with your current salary if applicable, to email@example.com
Mark your email with the subject header ‘Editorial Assistant Picture Books’ or ‘Editorial Assistant Bespoke’ as appropriate. Applicants can apply for both positions if they have relevant experience.
Applications close 9th August 2021. Only successful applicants will be notified.