Senior Creative Copywriter
At Loaf we make insanely comfy sofas, beds and other laid-back wares that help people lead happier, more relaxed lives. And we're looking for one very clever creative copywriter to join us on our journey to the next level.
Your job will be to come up with brilliant new ideas to market our lovely products and help craft an amazing brand that makes people feel happy. And as a master wordsmith, you will put these ideas into words.
You will have a wide and exciting remit that covers all things brand copy: from writing clever campaign tag lines and compelling stories for our brochure through to nailing the tone of voice in every nook and cranny of our website. You might even write the script for the occasional TV ad. We'll simply want you to have fun with interesting and brilliantly effective angles that keep people smiling.
Fancy some of this? If you're an insanely bright and leftfield senior creative copywriter with a radar that's tuned into the slightly quirkier side of life, this might just be the thing for you.
- Play a lead role in defining concepts for all marketing creative, ensuring every story we tell keeps our brand feeling fresh and different while making people smile
- Write the words that will bring these concepts to life through engaging and effective copy across all marketing sales channels including (but not limited to!) adverts, product descriptions, brochures, newsletters, social media, website and showrooms (although we think of them as slowrooms)
- Continuously ask yourself "wouldn't it be cool if…?", collaborating with the Creative and Marketing teams to conceive cool new ways to step up how we engage with our customers
- Be a guardian for the brand, owning (and stepping up) our tone of voice guidelines while making sure that all copy that goes out to the world is on-brand, on-message and free of typos and grammar errors
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
- A proper wordsmith who has an ear for a great turn of phrase and a knack for witticisms and ironic British humour
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role with a top-notch understanding of the principles of writing brilliant copy that sells
- A lateral thinker who can come up with an original perspective rather than the usual hackneyed route - and who can write copy that is interesting even when the subject isn't necessarily the most riveting
- A penchant for funny stories and a radar that's tuned into the slightly quirkier side of life (so you need some good life experience and an interesting opinion on things)
- A complete mastery of the English language - and pedantic when it comes to spelling and grammar!
- Self-critical and confident enough to try out new ideas and cast most of them aside in order to find a gem
- An appreciation that less is more with a willingness to put a red line through most of your work until you are truly happy with it
- Emotionally intelligent with an ability to both laugh at yourself and charm others so you can influence both colleagues and customers
- Happy working under pressure in a fast-paced environment (we know, everyone says that!), bringing a positive vibe to work every day no matter what curve balls are thrown
- Always on the look-out to improve how things are done, challenging the status quo and never accepting second best
And, most importantly of all, you absolutely must be an all-round good egg, with a real can-do willingness to get on with the job and make great things happen.
If this is you, don't delay, contact us today!
In return you can expect a forward-thinking, friendly bunch committed to building a fabulous company with brilliant people.
If you think you fit the bill then apply now with a covering letter, showcasing your writing skills to us on why you are the best Loafer for this role, plus a copy of your CV and portfolio so we can check you out properly.
Regrettably, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 2-3 weeks, then unfortunately on this occasion you have not been successful.
At Loaf, we're working really hard to be inclusive. No matter what identity or background, we want everyone to feel welcome in a place where we can all be ourselves. We'd love you to join us on our journey.