Children's Editor, Fiction, Non-Fiction & Poetry
We are looking for a creative and highly organized Editor with experience in children’s publishing to fill a permanent full-time role
You will be responsible for the publishing and management of a list of titles on the Children’s & YA list. Working at the centre of a creative and collaborative team, you will be expected to manage individual books to print, monitor title progress, liaise with authors, illustrators and agents, and build strong internal relationships with individuals involved in the editorial and publishing of your titles.
This role combines project management with excellent editing and organizational skills to support a dynamic, award-winning children’s publishing list.
The role will range from reading and reporting on submissions, editing new manuscripts and generating and presenting new publishing ideas, to liaising with design and production colleagues, coordinating author and agent approvals, checking proofs, writing cover and sales copy and attending cross-departmental meetings.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of editorial project management
- Be highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage workflow
- Demonstrate an inclusive approach to publishing
- Have a good understanding of the different editorial stages of a manuscript
- Possess excellent written skills and a brilliant eye for detail
- Be self-motivated and driven by a strong commercial instinct
- Be flexible and able to move between projects as priorities dictate, with the
ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Demonstrate passion for and knowledge of the contemporary children’s
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience of working closely with other departments, specifically
Design and Production
- Are passionate about working as part of a team, including strong
- Have familiarity with publishing for different age groups (eg middle-grade
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc) and publishing
management systems (eg Biblio)
- Have used or are familiar with Google for Work (Gmail/google applications)
This is a permanent, full time role, and will be based in our office in Farringdon, London, with some flexibility to work from home each week.
Salary starting from: £29,000
Closing Date: 18th October 2022
We are highly committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. Our full Diversity & Inclusion Pledge is available here https://www.panmacmillan.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application