This is a great opportunity to work on a wide range of Trade products, mainly mono fiction / non-fiction with a good range of 4c titles, co-editions, eBooks from award winning and bestselling authors.
The candidate will be working within the MCB production team to produce front list, reprints, co-editions and eBooks. We’re looking for an experienced individual who will confidently look after the products within the agreed budget, quality and lead-time requirements. As well as strong organisation and communication skills, we’re looking for someone who is able to work to tight deadlines and be able to prioritise the workload.
Key tasks of the role will include:
- Ensure products are produced within budget, negotiating with suppliers when needed
- Run costings, ensuring commercial decisions are made using the most accurate information.
- Manage schedules for co-editions and reprints, from pre-press through to delivery, ensuring effective communication to all stakeholders.
- Work with printers and freight suppliers in the UK, Europe and Asia to ensure effective production.
- Liaise with warehouse and client services staff on stock issues and the release of your titles
- Manage the file archiving process
- Manage eBook production
- Ensure all titles are archived on our system
- Maintain accurate records and data within the production system
- Develop relationships with key suppliers
- Checking proofs to ensure printing is accurate
- Maintain communication with the appropriate creative and commercial teams, attending weekly progress meetings
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience negotiating with suppliers and establishing good working relationships
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A good knowledge of book production and book products
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- A keen interest in print, both mono and 4c titles
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- The ability to ask for help with solving problems, escalating as necessary
- Understanding of InDesign/print pdfs
This is a fixed term contract for 6 months.
Salary starting from: £25,500
Closing Date: 6th October 2021
Hiring Manager: Vera Pirri
We are highly committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. Our full Diversity & Inclusion Pledge is available here https://www.panmacmillan.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application
- Remote status
- Flexible remote