Publicity Executive, Bluebird & One Boat
A fantastic opportunity to join the innovative and ambitious Bluebird & One Boat Communications team as Publicity Executive.
Bluebird is one of the most successful non-fiction imprints in publishing, and this pivotal role involves delivering creative, impactful PR campaigns planning and attending events and festivals and connecting with a diverse range of influencers. Bluebird & One Boat publish across a number of interest areas including food and drink, parenting, activism, feminism, mental health, the environment, health and fitness, memoir and more. Our books and authors may be varied, but they all have empathy at their heart. You’ll be joining a close-knit, highly supportive team that values initiative, creative thinking and the desire to reach outside of the usual publishing spaces to find audiences and new readers.
The Publicity Executive will be given a varied list of campaigns to work on throughout the year with the support and management of the Senior Publicity Manager. Campaigns involve pitching to media and securing targeted and high impact coverage across print, online and broadcast platforms. The Publicity Executive will curate and run their own event schedules and attend festivals and book events as needed.
The successful candidate will have…
- • Knowledge and interest in the areas in which Bluebird & One Boat publishes, and in their book campaign audience.
- • Great organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- • Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal stakeholders, external contacts and above all authors.
- • Ability to pitch confidently and an understanding of what will appeal to the individual being pitched to
- • Clear written communication skills to write fluently and passionately about books.
- • Good knowledge of current non-fiction, authors, and wider lifestyle trends.
- • Understanding of how to use publicity databases and mailing systems.
- • Good track record of engaging influencers on campaigns.
- • High computer literacy and confidence in embracing new technology and opportunities.
- • Great understanding of traditional and digital media including, social media e.g. Instagram, TikTok, Clubhouse.
- • Strong working knowledge of the relevant contacts needed within the books press and wider events field.
- • Relevant degree qualification or equivalent experience
- • Flexibility to travel and work out of normal office hours when necessary.
We’d love it if you had…
- • Prior experience working in PR or Communications
- • Prior experience of managing events
- • A genuine love of books and reading
The position will be 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
By applying for any roles at MPIL (including Pan Macmillan) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here: http://www.macmillandistribution.co.uk/recruitmentprivacynotice
Please, read these before submitting any applications.
Hiring Manager: Jessica Duffy, Senior Publicity Manager, Bluebird & One Boat
Closing Date: Thursday 19th September 2021
Salary: starting from £25,000