Publicity Manager, Picador
We’re looking for an innovative and imaginative publicist to lead book campaigns for the full range of our Picador imprint; fiction, non-fiction, classics and poetry. We publish a wide range of bestselling, prize-winning titles, from authors such as Douglas Stuart, Hanya Yanagihara, Mieko Kawakami, Don DeLillo, Patrick Radden Keefe, David Olusoga and David Nott.
You will have experience of integrated campaigns PR across print, digital, broadcast and social media. You will understand how to use partnerships and events to take our books further out in the world to reach the widest possible readerships. You will have good relationships with journalists, influencers and online communities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning publisher and imprint. The Publicity Manager will be responsible for executing PR campaigns for the Picador imprint. The role will report to Communications Director, Picador, Partnerships and Events and sits within the Picador Communications team within the Pan Macmillan Communications Department. You will have experience of PR in book publishing or other the cultural sector and will be able to demonstrate strong communication skills and passion for your product and role in a previous position.
Key tasks include -
- Delivering fully integrated and inclusive campaigns for books
- Establishing relationships with a media contacts, journalists, non-traditional partners, event organisers, organisations, bloggers and retailers
- Delivering innovative events for our books and imprint.
- Creating social assets for title campaigns
The successful candidate will have (essential) –
- Strong and persuasive communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good digital knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to flex communication style depending on situation
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A good range of contacts throughout the industry
- Superb diary and time management
- Creative ideas
We’d love it if you had (desirable) -
- Experience of running hybrid events
- A good eye for design
- Have used or are familiar with Google for Work and Canva
The role is a full-time, permanent position. The role is based in our offices at Farringdon with some flexibility to work from home in the week.
Salary starting from: £35,000 onwards
Closing Date: 14 August 2022
Hiring Manager - Emma Bravo, Comms Director - Picador, Partnerships and Events
We are highly committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. Our full Diversity & Inclusion Pledge is available here https://www.panmacmillan.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application