Special Sales Executive
Department: UK Sales
An exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading publishers at a time of growth as a Special Sales Executive with responsibly for several accounts.
Your role as Special Sales Executive will involve working with the Head of Special Sales to support major accounts such as Aldi and Lidl, as well as being directly responsible for many growth accounts including subscription boxes. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual with a passion for books especially in non-traditional retail.
We are looking for a customer focused individual with excellent attention to detail, a hunger to deliver sales and a creative approach. You’ll have strong commercial skills and a proven ability to present and persuade.
You will sell across all divisions including Macmillan Children’s Books with market leading authors such as Julia Donaldson and Marcus Rashford, Adult fiction and Non Fiction across Pan and Picador, and our market leading imprint Bluebird which is home of Pinch of Nom and Joe Wicks.
You will work closely with our UK Sales team as well as teams across the business.
The successful candidate will have the following skills & knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presenter and ability to form strong customer relationships
- Self starter with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding of UK retail especially non-traditional booksellers and gift market
- Able to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Able to quickly adapt and react to change
- Numeracy skills
- Ability to manage complex processes and paperwork
- Problem solving
- Strong experience in UK book sales
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Experience of managing complicated processes and spreadsheets
We'd love it if you had…
- Experience presenting and managing accounts
- A love of detail and making processes work effectively and efficiently
- Experience with Biblio, Nielsen and Google Suite
Hiring Manager: Sarah Clarke, Sales Director
Closing Date: Thursday 30th September 2021
Salary: starting from £27,000
The position will be 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
By applying for any roles at MPIL (including Pan Macmillan) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here: http://www.macmillandistribution.co.uk/recruitmentprivacynotice
Please, read these before submitting any applications.