As a book publisher, technology is at the heart of our business. Yes, it’s true. From our publishing systems, to our laptops, to video conferencing, to QR codes on our books, to digital formats like ebooks, and to our best-in-class websites. Technology is a part of our business, and in the future, will be even more so.
The person in this role is responsible for web development and operations, and developing company websites in partnership with the Digital & Communications team. For business systems development, QA and support, with a focus on Virtusales Biblio3. And for relationship and service delivery management with global Macmillan Technology (IT). And, importantly, this person will be the voice of technology and innovation within the business.
Outstanding communication with technical and non-technical people is a key skill for the role. This means the ability to distil complex technical information and explain it in everyday language, and to fully understand and co-create with developers for the best outcome.
You will lead the Technology team, consisting of the Project Manager and the QA & Release Manager (line reports), and three QA Analysts for Virtusales Biblio.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a lead technology role, with a focus on web / software development
- Project management experience and training / qualification
- Be capable of innovative thinking, demonstrating creativity and pragmatism with an ability to conceptualise and deliver great results
- Excellent communication skills that are used proactively, and inclusively
- Technical knowledge (see job description)
- A keen interest in current and future technologies
We'd love it if you had:
- User experience and user-centred design knowledge
- Familiarity with the key elements of IT infrastructure and service delivery
Hiring Manager: James Long
Closing Date: 23rd September 2021
We are highly committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. Our full Diversity & Inclusion Pledge is available here https://www.panmacmillan.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application