Macmillan Learning is a ground-breaking publisher of academic textbooks and digital learning resources across the STEM, Social Science, and Humanities disciplines. Our mission is to change lives through learning, and we are dedicated to combining world-class content and evolving technology to drive student success.
We have recently expanded our international Sales and Marketing operations and are at the beginning of an ambitious journey to grow our global market share. As part of this, we are now looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to join our London-based marketing team.
We are looking for an experienced marketeer who has a proven track record of delivering excellent marketing plans that result in high-quality customer engagement and leads for sales. You will be creative and data-driven in equal measure. You will be used to working with a sales team and influencing their knowledge and expertise, working as a tight-knit unit to grow the business. As a start-up part of a larger organization, there’s a great opportunity here to make your mark.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the London-based marketing team to deliver impactful, measured, and lead generating marketing campaigns to achieve annual subject area and individual product sales targets.
- Develop highly creative and strategic annual marketing plans, achieve agreement with key stakeholders and organise activity effectively for the year ahead.
- Execute marketing plans, track performance, and use Salesforce to monitor effectiveness and analyse the pipeline of sales opportunities to ensure targets are met. Make tweaks to campaigns where necessary.
- Utilize a broad array of marketing strategies and tactics to generate awareness, keep up to date with the latest digital marketing trends, try new things and keep the best things getting better as you market the products.
- Own the subject areas–develop strategies for growing data, understanding the data and analytics on each list, reporting, sharing, and using the information to feedback to the key stakeholders.
- Articulate product knowledge, market positioning, pricing, and opportunities to the sales teams through the delivery of effective presentations at sales conferences and the generation of accurate sales tools to support them in their work.
- Bring market and competitor insight back to the business to influence commissioning, product development, and sales opportunities. Use this knowledge to ensure the most appropriate elements of the marketing mix are used to create awareness and generate leads.
- Significant experience in delivering successful marketing campaigns and hitting sales targets
- Marketing management utilising the full marketing mix
- Highly creative and strategic
- Commercial awareness and strong analytical skills
- Management/leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence
- Effective time management and the ability to manage a busy and varied workload
- Experience of supporting an internationally based sales team
- Knowledge of higher education trends
This position is based at our London offices in Kings Cross, the role requires being in the office 2-3 days a week.
The hours of the position are 35 hours per week.
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
For detailed job description, visit: http://www.macmillandistribution.co.uk/careers
To apply for this position please send us your CV plus a covering letter explaining why you want to work for us to: Recruitmentmpil@macmillan.com
Closing date: Friday 29th October 2021
Start date: Mid November
Data protection privacy notice:
By applying for any roles at Macmillan Publishers International Limited (including Macmillan Learning, Pan Macmillan and MDL) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice
Please, read these before submitting any applications.