Archivist and Archive Manager
We are recruiting an Archivist to manage the archive of Macmillan Publishers, providing library, archives, information and records management services to the company.
The Archivist will work with the publishing divisions to develop the strategic and communications contribution of the archive; will provide a high quality archive and records management service; will manage the archive store, team and publications library; and will grow the digital archive.
Our history is part of our brand and identity as publishers today. This means that engagement with the publishing divisions and digital archiving are as important to this role as managing the archive and records service and continuing to build the historic archive.
This is a role for someone who is passionate about books – and has a broad interest in literature arts and sciences.
The successful candidate will have:
- A post-graduate qualification in Archives and Records Management, or equivalent
- Alternatively, we would welcome applicants who do not have an archive qualification but who can demonstrate significant experience of managing records, archiving or working within an archives service, relevant to this role
- A university degree
- A proactive, engaging and outward looking communication style
- An investigative mind
We’d love it if you had:
- Knowledge or experience of the publishing industry, bookselling and/or the book trade and its history.
- Knowledge and experience of digital technology for information processing, storage and communication
- Some management experience
For more information about this role, please look at the full job description https://www.macmillandistribution.co.uk/careers
Salary range £36,000 to £40,000
This position is based at our offices in Basingstoke, and is a full-time permanent position of 35 hours per week, with a minimum of three days per week in the office.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, plus bank holidays
- Subsidised private medical scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Pension scheme
- Summer working hours (role dependent)
- Volunteering policy
- Employee Assistance programme
- Mentoring programme
- Extended Parental Leave policy
- 50% Discount on Company books
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
By applying for any roles at MPIL (including Pan Macmillan and MDL) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice
Please send your CV to Mdl.email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 15th September 2021