Regional Account Manager – South East, East Anglia & South London
We are looking for a dynamic and talented Regional Account Manager to join our Field Sales team and support our independent bookshop and other regional customers in South East England and East Anglia.
As Regional Account Manager, you will have responsibility for delivering the regional sales budget by developing annual strategies for key independent customers. You will be making sales calls to present tailored new title lists and seasonal promotions, and to support event pitches.
You will work with our communications and events teams to help shape and support a full regional events programme in relevant shops across both adults & children’s publishing.
You will actively drive new business through a proactive approach to new bookshops opening within the region, and influence publishing for the indie sector and your region through suggestions for exclusive editions, pre-orders, reissues and competitions.
We want our customers to think “Pan Mac First” for all opportunities and you will play a vital role in delivering this, working closely with our trade marketing team.
The successful candidate will have the following skills & knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Understanding of book retailers and market
- Highly organised
- Strategic capability
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Problem solving
- Experience in book sales at local or head office level
- Knowledge of the book market across Adult trade and Children’s
- Demonstrated ability to present and engage with different customer types
- Experience of strategic planning and account management
- Full UK Driving License
We’d love it if you had…
- Experience of driving local events including non-authored sessions and local author tours
- Evidence of innovation and driving new business
- Evidence of supporting the indie sector through influencing publishing, publicity or trade led campaigns
- A passion for reading
- Have used or are familiar with Google suite
The position will be 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
By applying for any roles at MPIL (including Pan Macmillan) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here: http://www.macmillandistribution.co.uk/recruitmentprivacynotice
Please, read these before submitting any applications.
Hiring Manager: Richard Green, Independent Bookshop & Wholesaler Manager
Closing Date: Sunday 1st August 2021
Salary: starting from £35,000
Apply here: https://careers.panmacmillan.com/jobs/1254289-regional-account-manager-u...