Special Sales Administrator
We are looking for a dynamic and customer focused Special Sales Administrator to join our UK Special Sales team.
Your role as Special Sales Administrator would include supporting the Special Sales Managers and the wider UK sales team on all aspects of special sales account support.
You’ll need excellent attention to detail and be a proactive self starter who loves a challenge as well as variety in their work. It is a fast paced and fun environment and no two days are the same.
Key tasks will include managing all order processing along with key special sales systems and liaising with customers and authors for event orders. You will work with our Special Sales team as well as our distribution, editorial, royalties and operation teams. Building strong relationships internally is key to this role.
Previous administrators have quickly progressed to account management and you will receive the opportunity to manage some accounts directly.
The successful candidate will have the following skills & knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of UK retail, particularly non-traditional booksellers and the gift market
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Able to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Numeracy skills
- Problem solving
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Ideally, experience working for a publisher in Special Sales or operational support
- Knowledge of the book market across Adult trade and Children’s
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing complicated processes and spreadsheets
- Good Excel skills
We’d love it if you had…
- A passion for the non-traditional book market and making a deal work
- Experience in putting the customer first
- A love of detail and making processes work effectively and efficiently
- A passion for reading
- Have used or are familiar with Google suite
The position will be 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
By applying for any roles at MPIL (including Pan Macmillan) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here: http://www.macmillandistribution.co.uk/recruitmentprivacynotice
Please, read these before submitting any applications.
Hiring Manager: Sarah Clarke, Sales Director
Closing Date: Sunday 15th August 2021
Salary: starting from £23,000