Are you looking to use your creative content / editorial skills and interest in Education in an exciting new role? We have a fantastic opportunity for a Content Editor to join a highly successful publishing company who are experts in educational content. This role offers flexible working, and can be based either remotely or at our client's office in Colchester, or can be a blend of home/office working.
As the Education Content Editor your main remit will be to create in-demand education content across digital and print formats that engages and informs a readership responsible for leading school settings (e.g. Headteachers, school business managers, advisors and school leaders). This is a varied and exciting role where your responsibilities will include (amongst others):
- Create expert and engagingly written content across print and digital.
- Support the coordination of annual awards.
- Develop a network of experts contributors and interviewees to inform and create content.
- Edit, rewrite and proof content to a high standard.
- Follow trends and education policy and use this to inform content.
- Regularly generate editorial ideas that make essential reading for the target audience.
- Develop social media channels with posts and content.
- Regularly update their website with content, and optimise content for SEO.
- Deliver e-newsletters, taking responsibility for open and click through rate.
- Attend and report on shows. Visit schools and nurseries to interview staff.
- Book and oversee photoshoots where necessary.
- Contribute creatively to team meetings and idea generation.
- Oversee the ongoing development and improvement of all content.
The ideal Content Editor will have excellent writing and research skills, and strong attention to detail and copywriting and content editing skills, including proofreading, and great creativity and digital editing skills, preferably with experience of Education-specific content. Or the Content Editor might come with teaching experience or exposure to the education sector. Knowledge and experience of social media would also be useful. This is a superb opportunity for a talented writer and / or content creator / editor with a passion for Education looking to evolve their experience within a content focused role, adding to the success of a widely recognised, and creative organisation producing pivotal content for teachers.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.