If you have experience of managing a portfolio of scientific journals, then this opportunity to join a small team of existing managing editors to organise and manage the commissioning, development and publication pipeline of three exciting, digital medical open-access journals could be your next step.
Based in Buckinghamshire, the company are open to remote and hybrid working, with ideally 1 day a week in the office.
- Implementing commissioning strategies to solicit citable journal contributions
- Identify appropriate topics for special collections
- Managing a schedule with authors and reviewers for all published content
- Working to ensure timely peer review is in place for all submissions
- Working with production colleagues to support content delivery
- Support the editorial coordinator with handling permissions and queries as necessary
- Carrying out first and second edits of articles
- Chairing regular meetings (online) with the journals’ editorial board members
Solid experience of journal publishing workflows and commissioning experience is essential, preferably in STM. You will also have a keen eye for detail and first class organizational and communication skills.
For further details please send your CV with a brief cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.