A great opportunity to work for a leading international publisher. Working on an Art illustrated trade list.
Looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking Managing Editor to provide support to the team. To manage a number of books through the editorial process from manuscript delivery and cover design through to publication, and requires working with authors, agents, institutions, freelancers, illustrators and in-house colleagues.
Project-managing titles through the editorial process from handover. Briefing and managing freelancers. Building strong working relationships with authors, freelancers and agents. Writing Advance Information sheets, and catalogue and jacket copy. Briefing jacket and page designs. Maintaining in-house systems. Attending industry events.
- Editorial experience in book publishing
- Excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills
- Understands both colour and mono production processes
- Knowledge of typesetting and typography and an eye for design
- Experience with Biblio, FocalPoint, Word, InDesign and Photoshop an advantage