An academic publisher, with one of the most successful track records for growth over the last ten years, is looking to recruit a Managing Editor for their Journals Production team.
Reporting to the Head of Global Journals Production, the Managing Editor will be responsible for managing the UK Journals Production Department, and the main responsibilities include:
- Managing the daily activities and performance of the UK Journals Production department
- Ensuring that department schedules and quality standards are met and costs are controlled
- Monitoring workloads and resources, recommending which UK journals be placed with Global Services
- Preparing the annual staff budget and managing budgeted costs throughout the year
- Working collaboratively with Editorial, Commercial Sales, and Manufacturing
- Contributing to the management of the global Production Department
- Driving system improvements and process efficiencies
- Monitoring/analysing author and editor feedback, ensuring high satisfaction with Production
- Setting standards of professionalism and leadership in interactions with all internal staff
- Representing and acting as an ambassador for the publisher externally.
The successful candidate will have significant journals production experience within a college or within academic publishing and have solid management experience. You will have proven experience managing a high-performing team and extensive knowledge of journal production and manufacturing processes. You will be able to manage and motivate external professional relationships and internal staff and be able to work well under pressure and be effective at managing budgets and analysing costs. This role includes some international travel.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, performance related bonus scheme, and strong benefits.
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference TP 393. For an initial, confidential discussion please call on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to firstname.lastname@example.org.