A fantastic new role has come up in the Journals division of a leading academic publisher! If you have experience of Open Access publishing and are passionate about scientific research, this could be the perfect next role for you!
Joining them at the Managing Editor level, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a range of OA science journals and commissioning new articles across medical and biomedical disciplines
- Leading the editorial strategy of assigned journals
- Engaging in peer review and undertaking ethical peer review investigation when required
- Managing the relationship with external and internal stakeholders to ensure journals are published on time and to agreed quality standards
- Developing an editorial plan to develop the journals in line with the company's growth targets
This role will entail a good amount of hands-on editorial work, therefore a scientific background (preferably in a medical or life sciences area) is essential. The company is happy to consider home-working or hybrid arrangements, so if this sounds of interest, do get in touch!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.