Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to commission, edit and project manage highly regarded architectural and engineering publications? We are looking for a Managing Editor to join their publishing team, based in Buckinghamshire, to help run their publishing arm by developing and delivering technical books for professionals. This is a great opportunity work in a varied, exciting and interesting role and would be a fantastic fit for someone who enjoys building relationships with authors and overseeing the full publishing process. For the right candidate, some home working would be considered.
- Commission, edit, produce and project manage a range of technical and management publications from draft to final document in multiple print and digital formats.
- Manage the peer review process.
- Identify and act on commercial opportuntunities to adapt or create new tailored content.
- Ensure that technical information is produced to company standards.
- Deputise for the Business Unit Head as required.
Experience / skills required:
- Proven commissioning experience within STM publishing ideally within books.
- Good IT skills and understanding of electronic publishing processes.
- Strong commercial, organisational and communication skills.
- Experience of building strong and effective relationships with authors.
- Previous experience with technical publications is highly desirable.
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Stephanie Hall
Tel: 0203 574 4422
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.