We have a fabulous new role working for a highly successful and forward-thinking academic publisher. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join the Corporate Communications team as a Research Press Officer. This is a newly established media team so you will have ample opportunity to put your stamp on this role! This role can be worked on a completely remote basis or as a hybrid working arrangement.
Working with well-known and highly important partner platforms, you will write creative and effective press releases, and working with the company’s network of journalist contacts you will disseminate targeted international media campaigns. This is a super opportunity to help drive and shape academic research and scientific discovery and be part of a driven and successful team.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can take ownership of communications for a diverse portfolio of high-profile publishing platforms, where you will identify and shape the messaging for high-quality, newsworthy content, then please do reads on.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role will involve:
- Identifying and evaluating research articles for potential media campaigns
- Writing expertly produced press releases across a wide range of subject areas, and striking the ideal balance between engaging copy and the responsible communication of research
- Targeting and disseminating influential media campaigns
- Work closely with journalists through social media
- Tracking results and feeding back any recommendations to the wider team as well as communicating with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the whole process of a media campaign
We are looking for somebody with a finely-tuned ability to spot a great story, whom is able to evaluate academic content and uncover the media angle. You will have fantastic writing ability, skillfully delivering engaging press releases which are in line with the business objectives. Ideally you will have experience of working in a busy press office or communication environment.
This role carries an excellent salary, bonus and benefits package as well as the opportunity to be part of a newly established team with bags of scope to develop within the role.
For further information, please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your salary expectations. Candidates will need to be based in the UK.