We're looking for an Editor for a prestigious medical organisation to edit and prepare examination material for clinical professionals. This is a 12 month contract based in London with hybrid working arrangements available.
This is a poignant role within the team, with responsibility over a database of resources aimed at training across clinical professions, so a high level of attention to detail is required!
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and editing exam questions and in depth scenarios across digital and print formats, maintaining consistency of style
- Maintaining best practice documents to ensure house style and examination formatting is consistent
- Monitoring examination schedules to ensure content is produced within suitable time frames
- Updating the database of exam content, and developing this as needed
- Reviewing existing processes in line with academic and operational changes, and suggesting and implementing improvements
- Being the key point of contact for external providers, Examining Board officers, members and other stakeholders
We're looking for someone who can understand technical medical jargon and specialist content, and previous experience with either multiple choice or scenario based examinations is preferable. Do let us know if you're interested!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.