We have a very interesting newly created position for someone who enjoys working with data, to work as a Metadata Specialist with a global not for profit organisation in their academic publishing division.
The Metadata Specialist will work as part of the Academic Publishing Product Development Team and will provide bibliographic metadata support and expertise to one of their major publishing projects.
This is a new role with scope to develop and mould the position and key responsibilities will involve:
- Providing support and assistance to the various academic publishing projects by advising on the specification, acquisition, processing, validation, testing, use of bibliographic metadata
- Assist with the specification and implementation of strategies for the clarification of such fields as Authors and Affiliations
- Assistance with testing and other products support activities
- Comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bibliographic and related metadata application and practices
- Strong computer skills with the ability to pick up new software quickly
- Good communication and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Competent user of MS Windows, Office and Outlook
- The ability to work independently and part of a team
Experience of e-publishing from a library or publishing organistion would be desirable but not essential.
For further information please send your CV, outlining your salary details.