We have an amazing new Design opportunity for someone keen to work across multimedia content for a global audience! Our client is a scientific publisher based in Cambridge, focused on inspiring advances in biological sciences through their journals and digital content, and they are now looking for a Multimedia Content Designer to join their Production team.
They offer a hybrid working model with only 1 or 2 days a week in the office.
This role will be responsible for:
- Manipulating multimedia files and images towards the agreed standards, working with appropriate graphics and software
- Checking format, quality and content across a portfolio of multimedia products, and instructing authors on the files requirements when necessary
- Creating infographics, editing the company's website and manipulating video content
- Working on Photoshop and Illustrator to make minor edits to text, font, file size, layout, figure labels, colours and images, according to file type and requirements
- Making ad hoc corrections as instructed in the proofing process, and compressing and saving multimedia files
- Editing cover images
- Making changes to online content via the company's CMS platform
- Undertaking other design activities for marketing collateral
This is an incredible role for someone passionate about editing and manipulating multimedia content, including video and graphics, and with a strong eye for visuals. The role requires proficiency with design software such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, and excellent time management skills.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.