Do you enjoy sales and have a great track record of successful business development? We have a superb business development role working for a prestigious academic publisher based in London. This newly created role will develop partnerships to grow journal sales revenue, particularly among corporate customers, and explore opportunities to diversify income.
Working with the Head of Sales & Client Services this role will work with external stakeholders and commercial customers as well as across the organisation to manage the business as models change.
Some of the key responsibilities will involve, but are not limited to:
- Driving conversion of journal business from individual or multiple subscriptions
- Working with the Head of Sales and Client Services to report on subscription sales, including initiating campaigns
- Contribute to pricing strategies for new and existing products and services
- Develop partnerships with new and exisiting accounts while driving growth in open access, sales and usage
- Keep abreast of changes in the publishing event management and landscape to identify potential new products and services
This is a fabulous new role to put your stamp on, as well as develop the role further. We are looking for a highly enthusiastic individual with journals sales experience or experience from an academic sales/account management background. You should be able to manage budgets and forecasts and have an awareness of the diverse and changing market of journal subscriptions. You will have a collaborative approach to working across organisational functions and an awareness of the needs of clients.
If you are looking for a new consultative business opportunity, with the scope to develop and broaden your skills and experience then please do get in touch. In return our client offers an attractive salary and benefits package, plus an excellent bonus scheme.
For further information, please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your salary expectations.