A globally recognised Education and Assessment organisation focused on the English Language Teaching (ELT) market are seeking a New Product Development Manager to work on the development of their next generation product whilst identify opportunities for new products and services. This is an exciting new role offering an excellent salary and benefits package. The role can be conducted remotely from the UK with occasional office visits, or based in the company's London / Cambridge office.
Reporting to the Head of Product Development, the role will work closely with the various stakeholders and teams engaged in all aspects of product development and delivery. The main remit of the New Product Development Manager will be to define and implement a medium to long-term product roadmap (3-5 years) that delivers an innovative 'next generation' version of the company's flagship product as well as other new products and services relevant to the changing needs and expectations of customers / learners. The roadmap will demonstrate iterative development of ideas based on insight and research, and phased implementation and build-up of solutions to drive business growth. Responsibilities include, amongst others:
- Conduct in depth analysis into developments across the assessment landscape, as well as into the trends and development in the application of new technology to learning and assessment; competitor activity, as well as evolving customer needs and expectations;
- Match innovation with the insights gained from the above activities to identify new, breakthrough opportunities;
- Develop product development and delivery plans for approval;
- Form and manage product development teams;
- Develop and test prototypes, minimum viable products (MVPs) and subsequent iterations;
- Ensure new product development initiatives are delivered to time, cost and quality targets;
- Ensure performance objectives are met and a consistent project management approach is in place.
The ideal New Product Development Manager will have solid experience as a Product Manager, combined with a creative and curious approach of successfully identifying and developing transformational new digital products from ideation to exploration to build. With excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, the New Product Development Manager will have good problem-solving and analytical skills and be comfortable working in a matrix, international environment. It will be highly valuable if the New Product Development Manager has experience of Product Management within the Education or EdTech or Professional, Assessment or Qualification sectors, or a related industry.
To find out more about this exciting new role, contact Rhiannon or Verity at Inspired Selection ASAP.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.