Do you have a head for news and an appreciation of current pressures and key brands within the hospitality sector?
Ideally you will be able to offer substantial experience in a fast-paced news gathering environment however, candidates with strong B2B experience will be considered.
A major news service for leaders of the eating and drinks sector is seeking to appoint an experienced journalist to produce breaking news, exclusives, financial analysis and insight. Writing profiles and interviewing key industry figures, you will also report on new openings and executive people moves.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identifying stories, publishing breaking news and populating the website with fresh content
• Researching, writing and curating a daily newsletter
• Assessing data insights from the key providers
• Developing and delivering in-depth analysis and features examining brands and trends within the industry
• Networking and building contacts with key industry figures
• Using social media to push and promote content
• Attending external events and conferences
Calm under pressure, you will have excellent writing skills and strong multimedia skills. This role will ideally be office based for 1-2 days in their West Sussex office, and remote for the rest of the week. The company offers an excellent salary and benefits package and is ideal for a senior reporter, but could be a fantastic step for an ambitious Junior Editor, ready for a a new challenge and more responsibility.
For further details please send your CV with a brief cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations with a sample of your most relevant journalistic output.