International Sales Manager
Who we are and what we do
Nobrow/Flying Eye is an innovative, award-winning, independent publisher of illustrated books based in East London. We publish beautiful books spanning non-fiction, gift, graphic novels, fiction and picture books for all ages. Since 2008 we have sought to make great design, ground-breaking art and storytelling central to all our books. We put a great emphasis on our production values and environmental consciousness, we believe in making books that deserve to be printed with stories and art that leaves a lasting impression from diverse creators.
Who we’re looking for
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised salesperson to join the award-winning Nobrow and Flying Eye Books Sales team as International Sales Manager, reporting to the Head of Sales and Marketing.
We are looking for a proactive candidate with a minimum of three years sales experience and a love of illustrated books who will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
As International Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of sales of our Adult and Children’s titles to our US and Australian distributors and providing them with exceptional customer service. This will involve presenting to sales teams, day to day communications with partners, ensuring that they have all the materials required to effectively sell in our lists and ensuring that data feeds are correct and updated in good time. This role will also involve identifying new sales opportunities across these territories and providing feedback to colleagues across the company.
As part of the role, you will be expected to travel to the US and to book fairs as required and you will manage a direct report in the US and work with other members of the Sales & Marketing team in the UK.
In return, we can offer invaluable global sales experience, a wide understanding of the publishing process, and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders in the industry.
- Passion for highly illustrated books
- 3+ years previous international sales experience within the book industry
- Experience working with US and Australian customers
- Ability to provide effective sales planning and competitive analysis
- Computer literate with a solid understanding of Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel.
- An understanding of Amazon Vendor Central and Amazon advertising
- Good communication and organisational skills, supported by strong attention to detail, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Excellent project and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise your workload
- Pro-activeness and the ability to work on your own initiative but be a team player
- Constantly looking to self-improve, and improve company processes and systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Confident presenting online and in person
- Resilience with the ability to problem solve
We will offer a competitive salary dependent on experience.
This is a full-time position based at our London office in London Fields, Hackney E8, with some opportunity for remote working dependent on your personal situation. The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
We want to develop and attract talent as broad as the readers we reach with our books and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We employ people based on their abilities, regardless of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality or socio-economic background.
To apply for this job, we require an up to date CV and a cover letter explaining why we should consider you for this – applications by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 26th January 2022.