We have an exciting opportunity for a hardworking and entrepreneurial salesperson to join an experienced field sales team working across Nosy Crow’s fast growing and award-winning Children’s list.
Nosy Crow is a multi-award winning, independent children’s publishing company based in London. We make child focused, parent-friendly children’s books for ages 0-12. This role is ideal for someone eager to continue their sales career in a fast-growing company, which produces a broad range of beautiful books.
We are looking for experienced salespeople with a strong regional knowledge, and while you may not currently work in field sales, excellent customer service, business acumen, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for books are key.
This is a permanent home-based role and will report into our Field Sales Manager. There will be a need to travel and potentially stay overnight based on territory requirements.
Purpose of the Job:
Our Area Sales Managers will offer a friendly, fun and collaborative approach to selling books. We want to listen to our customers and work with them to publish and sell the very best children’s books in the market.
Your role will be to act as a brand ambassador for Nosy Crow, selling our books across the independent, heritage and gift sectors, strengthening our relationships with innovative and exciting promotions, whilst always keeping an eye out for new opportunities.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Responsibility for selling to all independent booksellers, wholesale, heritage, subscription and gift accounts across the North of England and Scotland, arranging travel and accommodation as necessary to support trips for a quarterly selling cycle
- Responsibility for liaising with our Distribution service, handling orders and providing information and sales material to customers where required
- Working with our Publicity team to assist in the hosting of author events, tours and signings that caters to the customers’ needs
- Working with Field Sales Manager and Marketing to deliver a sales growth strategy across your accounts and promotional support
- To provide territory feedback and market insight to head office teams as and when required
- In addition to your sales responsibilities, you will also play a crucial role in understanding your customers when curating presentations. This means tailoring your presentations to their specific needs and preferences accordingly when required
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Excellent sales, presentation and negotiation skills
- Very good organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage your territory and customers
- Be a team player who is also happy to work autonomously
- You must hold a clean full UK driver’s licence
- A proven track record in building profitable business relationships and meeting targets
- Experience of and familiarity with social media
- Experience of working closely with Marketing and Publicity teams to support promotional activity
- A keen interest in children’s books; board books and novelty, picture books and young fiction
If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who has a passion for books, enjoys building relationships, and has the necessary sales and indie sales background, we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our people, which are:
- Pension scheme
- Hybrid working
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Christmas closure
- Summer hours
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- Critical Illness cover
- Group Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/partner/adoption leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Up to 80% off RRP for Nosy Crow book purchases
The closing date for applications is midnight GMT on Thursday the 12th of October.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, outlining your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate for this position. Please send to Rhianna Sandford, HR Advisor (email@example.com).
We really look forward to reading your application.
Nosy Crow is a Disability Confident, committed equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage or civil partnership. Applications are treated with due confidentiality.
Nosy Crow is a member of the Living Wage foundation.