Nosy Crow is a multi-award winning, independent children’s publishing company. We make child-focused, parent-friendly children’s books for ages 0-12. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Audio team on a part time basis, working 3 days a week. Nosy Crow’s Stories Aloud programme recently won at the inaugural IPG Audio awards and following on from this success Nosy Crow is looking to expand our team with this newly created role and our Stories Aloud offering.
The role will support the Contracts and Audio Manager with admin tasks, scheduling and liaising with internal teams, authors, actors and studios. This role will suit someone with fine attention to detail, confidence, and an interest in audio production and children’s audiobooks and podcasts.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Updating scheduling timetables
- Obtaining information and material according to schedule
- Checking files for accuracy
- Communicating any scheduling changes to all parties, including Heads Of Departments, and Directors
- Responding to scheduling queries in a timely manner
- Building and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders
- Sending scripts to actors and the studio
- Communicating between several departments and stakeholders to schedule audio recordings of books, book them with a studio, and work to allotted timelines.
- Ensuring high standards are maintained throughout the process.
Key Skills, Characteristics and Capabilities:
- Interest in audiobooks, from their inception to production and publication
- The ability to work with confidential and commercially sensitive information
- Knowledge of Nosy Crow’s list and ethos.
- Perfect spoken and written English
- Fine attention to detail is essential
- Organized, with the ability to prioritize effectively and multitask
- Someone with office or other experience demonstrating reliability and organization
- A team player with a willingness to be fully involved in the business
- Adaptable and flexible to the needs of the business and the growth of the audio department.
- Interest in children’s publishing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office is essential, including Excel
- The ability to use editing software, such as Garageband, is desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of royalty-free music, sound effects is desirable but not essential.
- The right to live and work in the UK
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps into a publishing with the opportunity to progress and develop your career within children’s publishing.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words outlining why you think you would be the perfect candidate for this exciting new opportunity to Felicity Culley - email@example.com
We really look forward to reading your application.
The closing date for applications is Midnight GMT on Sunday 4th September 2022.
Nosy Crow is a Disability Confident, committed equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage or civil partnership. Applications are treated with due confidentiality.
Nosy Crow is a member of the Living Wage foundation.