Nosy Crow is a multi-award winning, independent children’s publishing company. We make child-focused, parent-friendly children’s books for ages 0-12. We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Audio Manager. Nosy Crow’s Stories Aloud programme recently won the inaugural IPG Audio awards and following on from this success Nosy Crow is looking to expand our team with this newly created role.
Reporting into the UK and Export Sales and Marketing Department the Audio Manager would be working closely across all departments at Nosy Crow, looking after both the international Stories Aloud initiative and the Audiobook publishing programme.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Implement strategy for the growing department, especially in regard to Stories Aloud and enhanced e- books, including monetisation of audio assets across the world
- Create and establish a process for Stories Aloud audio creation and publication that fits the company brand internationally
- Use editorial and commercial knowledge to pick and put forward upcoming fiction titles for audio development in conjunction with the sales and editorial teams
- Liaising with recording studios, in-house departments, agents, actors and authors to ensure the audio list is published on time, within budget and to a high standard
- Working with design and production to ensure timely delivery of files required to create audio
- Liaising with the marketing team to deliver assets on time and to promote Nosy Crow audio
- Overseeing the production of upcoming audio recordings as well as ensuring the smooth running of the audio publication process. Occasional visits to external recording studios may be required. Hands-on recording skills are not required.
- Supplying briefs, scripts, and pronunciation guides to production partners ahead of recording.
- Overseeing quality and accuracy of audio files ready for publication
- Expanding the platforms that host our audio content, and ensure timely and accurate delivery of metadata and audio files to existing platforms
- Possible management of Audio Assistant
- Organisation skills
- Expert Excel knowledge
- The ability to work on many simultaneous projects
- Be commercially literate and aware
- Good relationship builder
- Understanding of the publishing process
- Passionate about children’s audiobooks with an understanding of the audio market
- Knowledge of Garageband would be helpful.
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply please email your CV, salary expectations and an email of no more than 500 words detailing why you think you would be the right person for the job, to HR@nosycrow.com
Please also refer to where you discovered this vacancy in your application. The closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 10th February 2023.
Nosy Crow is a Disability Confident, committed equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage or civil partnership. Applications are treated with due confidentiality.
Nosy Crow is a member of the Living Wage foundation.