Home and Export Sales Assistant
Nosy Crow is recruiting a Home and Export Sales Assistant to join our sales team. This is a great opportunity to join a multi-award winning, independent children’s publishing company based in London. We make child-focused, parent-friendly children’s books for ages 0-12. This could be the ideal launch pad for your career in publishing.
Purpose of the Job:
The role of Sales Assistant is to work with the Export Sales Team, and to assist and support the Sales & Marketing Director in delivering sales and profit targets across both Home and Export markets.
Reporting to the Export Sales Manager a key duty of the role is providing day to day support to the Sales & Marketing Director by creating and preparing sales reports and presentations for meetings with key accounts and our creative partners. A key responsibility is to provide admin support and cover for sales managers.
The job holder has a valuable role to play in maximising sales by helping coordinate the marketing, publicity and sales activities internationally and maintaining the company’s publishing vision.
We are a busy and dynamic team and we value the experience and creative input that we can each provide. You’ll need to be flexible, determined, personable, with a keen eye for detail, and good at working as part of a team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Monthly highlights newsletter e-mail out, and other ad hoc promotional mail outs using PowerPoint and Mailchimp
- Maintaining an up-to-date customer database and running monthly reports
- Helping with mailing of proof, advance copies and assorted sales materials to customers
- Analysing sales data and presenting it in charts using PowerPoint.
- Managing schedules and organising meetings
- Supporting account presentations – creating and updating PowerPoint presentations, managing the sales material (proofs, sample pages etc.) and ensuring all material is prepared for sales meetings and trips.
- Providing admin support to the drop-ship printing programme.
- Ensuring that sales strategies are aligned with marketing and publicity activities to maximise international opportunities.
- Processing purchase orders and authorising credit claims.
- Responding to customer queries such as stock availability and delivery schedules
- Identifying sales opportunities and providing our customers with sales solutions.
- To be an in-house champion of export sales.
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Previous experience working in publishing sales is desirable, but not essential
- A very close eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to write persuasive copy
- Experience in working with sales data and Excel for sales analysis
- Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with customers and sales contacts
- A keen interest in children’s books
Nosy Crow is an Disability Committed, confident equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
The Nosy Crow salary for people entering publishing at an entry level position exceeds London Living Wage. For all jobs, including this one, salaries are dependent on skills and experience.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words outlining why you think you would be the perfect candidate for this exciting new opportunity to Felicity Culley (email@example.com). We really look forward to reading your application.
The closing date for applications is midnight GMT on Sunday 24th 2022.