Nosy Crow is a multi-award winning, independent children’s publishing company. We make child-focused, parent-friendly children’s books for ages 0-12. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join as a permanent, full time production controller on a hybrid working basis.
Reporting to one of our production managers, as part of our close-knit production team, you will be involved in every aspect of the publishing process. Working closely with both internal colleagues and external suppliers, you will be a key member of a busy team, responsible for reprints, co-editions and some frontlist across a wide-range of products (which can include mono, colour and novelty items that require safety testing). You will also be required to support the team, providing costs and schedules and liaising with suppliers.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Responsible for your own list (pre-press, sales materials, manufacturing) of mono reprints, picture book and novelty reprint and co-editions, and simple front list across all lists.
- Responsible for ensuring safety requirements for products as needed.
- Liaising with the editorial and design teams to ensure that reprint procedures and workflows are followed accurately and consistently.
- Working with the rights team and co-edition customers to set up and handle co-edition printing.
- Handle eBook conversion of mono titles through Faber Factory, ensuring that files are converted accurately, and that full metadata is supplied.
- Ensure that data is entered into Biblio and other essential spreadsheets are updated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Check supplier invoices are correct and flag with accounts team if there are issues before these are paid.
- Provide admin support to the production team as needed.
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Solid book production experience
- Children’s colour trade experience desired but not essential
- Biblio experience preferable / desirable
- Excellent organisational skills
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- A collaborative and co-operative approach
- Flexible and adaptable
- Microsoft Office skills
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply please email your CV, salary expectations and an email of no more than 500 words detailing why you think you would be the right person for the job, to our HR team (email@example.com). Please also refer to where you discovered this vacancy in your application. The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 26th March 2023.
Nosy Crow is a Disability Confident, committed equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage or civil partnership. Applications are treated with due confidentiality.
Nosy Crow is a member of the Living Wage foundation.