The Madeleine Milburn Literary, TV & Film Agency is looking for an experienced candidate to manage the agency’s wonderful office space. This is a part-time role (Mon – Thurs), based in our fabulous office in southwest London (zone 2).
- At least 3 years of demonstrable experience in office administration, proficiency with Microsoft Office and an ability to learn new IT skills, such as with our database and website.
- A pro-active, highly organised personality, with great interpersonal skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent time management and communication skills, with an acute eye for detail.
- An aptitude for numbers as well as an interest in reading.
- Office management and reception duties: Responsible for the day-to-day running of the office space at The Factory in Clapham, which includes but is not limited to, managing the reception and welcoming guests, ordering office supplies and handling the post, agency event planning including book launches, and some agency PR.
- Finance: Supporting the Finance Director, which includes processing and paying invoices, expenses and company credit cards as well as monitoring the bank account and liaising with the finance team. Processing royalty statements during royalty periods.
- HR administration: Working with line managers and helping with onboarding new employees, maintaining agency holiday & sickness records etc.
- Director support: Supporting company directors with operational processes and other special projects, including some diary and travel management.
A more detailed job spec will be made available at the interview.
Starting date: Spring 2023. To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing why you think you would be the right person for the job, addressed to Giles Milburn that includes your notice period and salary expectations, to email@example.com no later than 24th February 2023. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process early if we have found the right candidate.
We encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries, including candidates who are Black, Asian, or from ethnic minority backgrounds, or LGBTQI+. We also encourage applications from individuals from low-income backgrounds and will consider all applications irrespective of the candidate’s age.
About the company:
The MM Agency is a dedicated and passionate Literary, TV & Film Agency representing award-winning and bestselling authors of adult and children’s fiction and non-fiction, who consistently feature on The Sunday Times, The New York Times and international bestseller lists. Multiple agency authors have sold more than a million copies, have had their work optioned by major Hollywood producers, film studios and streaming platforms and have become major brands with the biggest bestsellers of the year. Described by The Bookseller as ‘a major force in publishing’, the agency prides itself on giving each and every client dedicated care and attention.