We have a fabulous new role for an experienced Editor who is used to creating and editing content for print and online. Our client is an organisation which supports students through the whole process of university admissions. Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit a further Digital Editor. This is a full-time, remote working role where the necessary working equipment will be provided.
The Digital Editor will provide informative, appealing and creative content to attract the organisation’s target audience and provide the necessary information required for students to successfuly complete their university applications.
This is a busy, varied and creative role and responsibilities will include:
- Identifying customers’ needs and gaps in content and recommend new topics
- Researching, writing and proofing blogs
- Copywriting sales pages and emails for products
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Writing meta-descriptions for SEO purposes for web pages
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Collaborate with other teams in the company, including the Project Management Tech teams, Content and Marketing teams
The successful person will have a fantastic eye for detail and will have experience of managing all the moving parts of an online publication. You may well have worked as a content creator, writer or editor and have demonstrable experience of managing multiple contributors within the educational/STM publishing sector. You will have great editorial (particularly copyediting) and proofreading skills, a strong grasp of SEO and the English language and what makes for valuable copy that is well-structured for users. A team player mentality is important as this is a small team, and you will need to be self-sufficient and confident in working on your own initiative.
This role is available now and to apply, please send us your up to date CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.