We have fabulous new roles for 2 experienced Content Editors who are used to creating and editing content for print and online. Our client is an organisation which supports students through the whole process of university admissions. Due to continued growth they are looking to add to their successful team of Content Editors and Writers. This is a full-time, remote working role where the necessary working equipment will be provided.
The Content Editors will provide informative, appealing and creative content to attract the organisation’s target audience and provide the necessary information required for students to successfuly complete their university applications.
This is a busy, varied and creative role and responsibilities will include:
- Identifying customers’ needs and gaps in content and recommend new topics, conducting research as necessary
- Checking and editing author submissions
- Providing feedback to authors
- Creating and editing content for websites, practice tests and marketing
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Reviewing students personal statements
- QA of digital content ingested to web platform
- Collaborate with other teams in the company, including the Project Management, Tech teams, Content and Marketing teams
The successful person will ideally have a background in educational publishing with experience of managing freelance staff. You will have some experience of budget management and a fantastic eye for detail with experience of managing all the moving parts of an online publication. You may well have worked as a content creator, writer or editor and have demonstrable experience of managing multiple contributors within the educational/STM publishing sector. You will have great editorial (particularly copyediting) and proofreading skills, a strong grasp of SEO and the English language and what makes for valuable copy that is well-structured for users. Experience of developing assessment items is desirable but not essential . A team player mentality is important as this is a small team, and you will need to be self-sufficient and confident working on your own initiative.
This role is available now and carries an attractive salary. To apply, please send us your up to date CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.