Open Access Advisers x 2 – Open Publishing Services
Our client is the leading provider of open publishing services and provides high-quality book and journal publishing for academic societies, full publishing infrastructure and services to university presses and repositories for institutions. Due to growth they are recruiting for 2 Open Access Advisers, based in the US, UK or Europe to join the sales team. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer the roles are responsible for actively seeking and managing new partnerships and promoting the services available.
- Coordinate with marketing colleagues for targeted campaigns
- Actively seek new opportunities for development
- Lobby relevant research funders for open access funding
- Attend and present at relevant events
- Collaborate with colleagues across all departments to ensure customers’ expectations can be met
- Report on activities
- Match company’s ethics and high standards
- Hit realistic revenue targets
- Provide customers’ feedback and market knowledge to Product Directors and Chief Commercial Officer for continuous improvement of our offering
- Take ownership of your allocated territory
- Update the CRM
- Ability to build and maintain positive and effective long-term relationships with customers
- Preparing for, attending, and contributing to meetings and events to build strategic awareness and to gather market relevant intelligence.
The ideal candidate will be commercially minded and have significant academic publishing or research library sector experience with a strong focus on open access and experience or interest in sales. Individuals will need good organisational skills and a strong attention to detail. Proactive attitude with a motivation to succeed and an ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously. Excellent communication skills are essential for presenting offers and delivering effective presentations to prospective customer.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary + Uncapped Commission + benefits.
How to apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference TP 805. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send us contact details of anyone you would like to recommend to email@example.com.