Are you an organised, conscientious and experienced Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with coaching and performance management skills? Our client, a global publisher based in the Oxford area is looking to recruit a Team Manager (UK) to join their dynamic agile new team using Lean Six Sigma methodology to improve processes related to the needs of Journal Editors and academic societies.
This role will lead and coach a team of Process Specialists and will be accountable for the successful delivery and improvement of operational processes in the Researcher Services department. This role may also involve some travel to global team locations as required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Proactively leading kaizen activity within the team to deliver multiple process improvements and operational efficiencies using Lean Six Sigma Agile methodology.
- Managing a centralised view of process activity form the team, including improvement progress, project resources and risk management
- Delivering effective change management through active engagement with the business
- Being accountable for the smooth running of day to day operations and for building and maintaining a culture of high standards of practice.
- Act as ‘scrum master’ to remove blockers to progress for the team
- Performance manage and coach the team
This is brand new role which has been set up to improve editorial processes and the successful person will need to have:
- Proven demonstrable knowledge of lean six sigma (yellow or green belt), with a knowledge of kaizen and process improvement work experience
- Experience of managing a team and coaching individuals
- Training in Agile methodologies
- Experience of using Kanban boards and project management software
- An understanding of Change Management techniques
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and an understanding of the customer needs of journal Editors and Societies is desirable.
For further information please send your CV stating your salary expectations and availability.
This is a permanent position.