Assistant Editor (Non-Fiction)
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual with at least two years editorial experience to join our busy and expanding Pan Non-Fiction team working in the areas of popular culture, books on big ideas, lifestyle, business and sport.
Reporting to the Non-Fiction Publishing Director, the candidate will have the ability to take responsibility for the editing and production of titles, overseen by the Publishing Director, and to assist the department with editorial and acquisition tasks from time to time. The candidate will also work with the team to originate and develop IP ideas.
We are looking for someone who can marry a keen creative interest in the non-fiction genres with the proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
Key tasks of the role include -
- Editing new titles under the supervision of the Publishing Director
- Writing cover copy, Title Information sheet copy and catalogue copy
- Reading and reporting on submissions
- Clearing text permissions
- Costing new titles and handing books over to editorial services including briefing the text designer and liaising with authors as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have –
- At least two years Editorial experience at a Book Publisher
- Have demonstrated the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Passionate about books and knowledgeable about publishing
- Previously worked with the Biblio system.
Hiring Managers: Lucy Hale, Pan Publisher
Closing Date: 7 February 2022
We are highly committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. Our full Diversity & Inclusion Pledge is available here https://www.panmacmillan.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application