Director of Finance and IT
Who we are
The Paperback Shop became an Employee Owned Trust (EOT) in August 2019. With its two subsidiaries, it has a turnover of £32M. During 2020 we achieved double digit growth across the business and we are serious about being a global leader in virtual wholesale and retail bookselling.
This high-impact Director of Finance and IT role will suit a candidate who has spent a recent part of their career within an e-commerce or publishing environment. This Board level position will provide strategic input on commercial, financial and IT and be a highly visible figure within the business.
The role requires a candidate with the gravitas and emotional intelligence to compliment the CEO and to lead and motivate their team. The Director of Finance and IT is responsible for leadership as well as the delivery of consistent, robust, and first-class finance and IT services. This includes the provision of expert legal, compliance, data security and risk management oversight as well as acting as first point of contact on financial matters for the EOT Board.
- Being accountable for the overall financial affairs of the business, ensuring that our financial affairs are managed so that we remain viable, meet legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Overseeing the preparation, review and monitoring of annual accounts, budgets, forecasts, P&L management, payroll, KPI management, cashflow management, forecasting, Tax and VAT returns, statutory accounting, FX management, treasury activities auditing and management reporting.
- Leading forward-looking finance and IT teams that identify decisions the business will have to make, support decision-makers with relevant information and provide excellent services across the business.
What we need
- A qualified accountant with a proven financial track record within a dynamic and growing SME.
- Experience working closely with the CEO and key stakeholders in a SME, providing the appropriate level of support and challenge.
- The ability to lead with agility and represent the company with gravitas and manage individuals as individuals, mentor and motivate, to create an effective and efficient working environment.
- Excellent knowledge of UK financial regulations and legislation is essential – the same for the US and EU would be hugely beneficial.
- The ability to identify and evaluate commercial opportunities.
- Commitment and demonstration of our core values.
This fantastic role may be offered on a flexible basis, with a minimum commitment to four days per week. To apply for the role please send your CV and covering letter, including your current salary package and notice period, to email@example.com. The closing date is 26 February 2021.