Are you an experienced Journals Editor looking for a 1-2 day a week opportunity? This type of opportunity does not come up everyday and will be ideal for someone looking to get back into publishing or looking for something else alongside another role.
Our client, a specialist publisher of professional and educational journals, is looking for an Editor to oversee the exciting launch and development of a new journal! This role can be entirely home-based within the UK, and they are happy to consider different Part-time arrangements (from 1/2 a day up to 3 days a week), depending on candidates' experience and desire to take on multiple responsibilities within the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting editorial staff and an Editorial Board for the new journal
- Commissioning new content and managing the article submissions and peer-review process
- Collaborating with Marketing on advertising and promotions activities for the journal
- Proofreading articles and carrying out quality checks throughout the production process
- Liaising with authors to commission new articles, supporting queries around copyright and ethics
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone keen to play a leading part in the launch of a new high-quality journal, and who is looking for a part-time role within a successful and prestigious publishing company.
The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of the journal publishing process, and preferably some commissioning experience, and they will be able to work with budgets and schedules, and to manage multiple stakeholders.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.