Macmillan Children’s Books, which includes the Campbell and Two Hoots imprints, is a highly successful and prize-winning publisher of books for children from babies to young adults.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time Senior Editor (12 month contract) to work on the Macmillan Children’s picture book publishing programme.
We are looking for a highly organized and talented Senior Editor with three to five years’ current editorial experience working in children’s publishing, in particular on illustrated picture book titles. You will be assisting the Editorial Director with managing a range of creatively and commercially exciting picture books, project managing from copy-editing stage through to final files for front list titles, across all editions.
You will have excellent communication skills, and have strong inter-personal skills, liaising with authors and illustrators and maintaining excellent working relationships with every individual involved in the editorial and production process.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a proven track record as a freelancer or have an in-house role within children’s picture books or preschool books for UK and international markets
- Be able to demonstrate complete mastery of all processes, taking a book to publication to the highest standard including costings and project management
- Have a broad knowledge of, and interest in, the children’s book market in particular children’s picture books
- Be self-motivated and highly flexible – happy to move between projects as priorities dictate and manage multiple projects effectively
- Have an impeccable eye for detail and an excellent understanding of the English language,
- Be comfortable working with Google, Microsoft and Excel programmes
- Be commercial and numerate.
The key tasks of the role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Take to publication a specified number of titles once acquired across a range of formats as agreed with the Editorial Director
using Biblio, create costings for new acquisitions in conjunction with Sales, Marketing and Production
Liaising with authors, illustrators and agents on specified projects
The position is part-time (14 hours a week) for a fixed term of 12 months and is based at our offices in King’s Cross, London.
To apply, please submit your named CV and named covering letter confirming your current salary and notice period, quoting reference PAN/053/18 via email to email@example.com
By applying for any roles at MPIL (including Pan Macmillan and MDL) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice please, read these before submitting any applications.
Closing date: 1st September 2018
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.