A leading publisher of academic journals and books is looking to appoint two Peer Review Managers to support the management of the UK Peer Review team. These roles (one permanent, one a 12-months contract) will be ensuring the highest quality of peer review process while engaging with the company's mission of disseminating high quality research.
This client offers hybrid or fully-remote working arrangements, and an array of fantastic benefits.
- Managing Editorial Assistants and Assistant Editors within the UK Peer Review team
- Ensuring authors, reviewers and editors receive the highest possible quality of peer review support across the division
- Working with other members of the senior management team to define the strategy and development for the global peer review team
- Investigating peer review standards and be able to advise on due diligence activities
- Championing best practice around ethical policies and other issues
- Researching external partnerships and product development opportunities
We are looking for candidates with:
- Solid knowledge of journal publishing and peer review processes
- Familiarity with publication ethics and industry best practice
- People management and team development skills
- Knowledge of peer review and submission systems such as ScholarOne or Editorial Manager
If this sounds like you, don't hesitate to get in touch! The closing date for applications is June 17th, so get in touch soon!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.