Assessment Development Manager
Are you interested in working with a leading education technology player, the global leader in the assessment and certification of professional skills industry with presence in more than 200 countries worldwide? If so, this is the chance to apply now!
PeopleCert is looking for an Assessment Development Manager who will be responsible for managing the development and delivery of our world class assessment content leading a team of assessment specialists. From facilitating the development of syllabi through to coordinating post-launch reviews of exam questions.
As an Assessment Development Manager your tasks will include the following:
- Input into the annual and strategic business plans for PeopleCert and relevant monthly reports.
- Provide insight and advice on potential exam/assessment designs that are suitable for a proposed qualification.
- Schedule and co-ordinate all activities related to the development and delivery of assessment content following assessment development best practices, company guidelines and PeopleCert’s workflow for assessment development.
- Provide creative solutions to the challenges that arise during the development, delivery and maintenance of assessment content, while adhering to schedule, budget and quality requirements.
- Facilitate meetings with external experts to develop and review assessment content and manages any training effort needed (i.e. Item Writers, Content Reviewers etc.).
- Review and approve assessment content (including questions, syllabi, sample papers, test specifications, statistical analysis) against agreed quality criteria.
- Investigate and proposes solutions in response to candidate complaints, candidate appeals and potential malpractice.
- Understand and interpret statistical reports created on assessment content and propose changes identifying maintenance needs.
- Manage exam change logs and the related change/development activities in accordance with best practice project management.
- Manage a team of assessment specialists, to deliver a programme of new product and maintenance in a timely manner and on budget.
- Ensure that all activities for assessment content development, including Item Writing/Reviewing, Standard Setting, Standard Reviews etc., follow best practices and company guidelines when carried out by the team.
What we look for:
- Educated to degree level or other Level 6 qualification in a relevant Business or IT or Computer Science field or similar discipline.
- Management level professional experience and knowledge of examination or assessment approaches and standards.
- Proven experience for developing qualifications and related syllabi, together with examination and assessment content design, development and delivery.
- Knowledge of (inter)national frameworks for qualifications and related mappings.
- Experience in running assessment related activities like item writing workshops, standard-setting exercises and evaluation of assessment related statistical reports.
- Self-reliant and resourceful, able to work under pressure, to multi-task, facilitate and coordinate teams and resources.
- Strong people management and development skills gained through previous managerial experience.
- Strong project management skills and knowledge.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across different functions and organization levels, showing an understanding of, and sensitivity to stakeholder needs.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- First class analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Well organised with the ability to effectively prioritise, delegate or escalate tasks when necessary.
- High level MS Office skills.
What we offer:
- Work in an international, dynamic, and fun atmosphere
- Two free vouchers for all certifications from PeopleCert's Portfolio per year for all employees
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and a global environment
- Constant personal and professional development
- 100% Virtual Hiring Process
We offer a hybrid working model
If you want to become a member of our international, dynamic and agile team that creates world-leading software products, then we should certainly like to hear from you!
PeopleCert is a global leader in the assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organizations and government bodies for the development & delivery of standardized exams. Delivering exams across 200 countries and in 25 languages over its state-of-the-art assessment technology, PeopleCert enables professionals to boost their careers and realize their life ambitions.
Quality, Innovation, Passion, and Integrity are the core values that guide everything we do.
Our offices in UK, Greece, and Cyprus boast a culture of diversity, where everyone is different, yet everyone fits in. All of us at PeopleCert are committed to the reflection of the diversity and inclusion of our customers and the communities in which we do business.
Working on Home Office (HO) Secure English Language Tests (SELTs)
Any person who is engaged by PeopleCert to work on the SELT service must undergo a Background Check (the results of which must be acceptable to PeopleCert and the HO) prior to commencing their SELT duties. All SELT personnel will be required to complete a declaration (provided by PeopleCert) where the existence of any criminal record and/or bankruptcy must be declared.
If working on the SELT service in the UK, background checks will include:
- A basic or enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- Right to Work in the UK check (including nationality, identity, and place of residence)
- HO security check (Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) or Counter-Terrorist Check (CTC)
- Financial background check
- Employment reference check.
- If working on the SELT service anywhere in the world (outside of the UK) personnel will undergo background checks that are equivalent to those stated for the UK.
In addition, if personnel are required to speak to SELT candidates they must be appropriately skilled in the English language and, where SELT services are provided anywhere in the world (outside of the UK), the official language of the relevant country.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality