- Full time, permanent
- Salary: £25,000 - 28,500
- Hybrid working potential, based in Central London (Holborn)
- Closing date: 16 October 2022
Pictures lie at the very heart of our business as one of the world’s leading publishers of high-quality illustrated books on all aspects of visual culture. There is now an opportunity for you to be part of our dynamic, award-winning picture research team, based at our offices near Covent Garden. Your keen and wide-ranging interest in art, history, archaeology and culture is demonstrable. In addition to being visually literate you are personable, hard-working, confident, calm and articulate, with excellent organizational, negotiating and computer skills. You enjoy working as part of team as much as on your own initiative and take pride in your meticulous attention to detail.
- Research high quality, editorially accurate illustrative material, and clear copyright, for a diverse range of titles.
- Negotiate competitive reproduction fees with sources within a set budget
- Ensure pictures are in house by deadline
- Agree the final picture selection with authors, editors and designers
- Liaise with Production Controllers to monitor picture quality and colour
- Check and authorise layouts and colour proofs
- Compile illustration / credit lists following in house style
- Clear reproduction permission / copyright(s) with sources / artist / DACS
- Select pictures for press and online sales
- Authorise copyright and reproduction fee invoices
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- An arts degree
- Willingness to develop an understanding of archaeology, art history, history, photography, fashion
- Knowledge of international picture sources
- Sound understanding of picture copyright
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to be proactive, multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail and professionalism
- Microsoft Office 365/Adobe suite proficiency
- Familiarity with at least one foreign language a plus
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
At Thames & Hudson, we believe that employing a diverse workforce is essential to succeed and selection decisions are based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from everyone, irrespective of age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion or belief.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to Elysia Stockman, firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter is to be used to address how you meet the requirements listed in Knowledge, Skills and Experience above. The deadline for applications is 16 October 2022.
Some of the benefits of working with us:
Apart from working with a highly talented and creative bunch of people, we offer:
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Profit share scheme
- Interest free loan for rent deposit or season travel ticket
- Discounts off our lovely T&H books and co-editions
- Generous pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Film Club