Junior Illustration Agent
Plum Pudding is one of the leading illustration agencies working primarily, but not exclusively, in the Children’s Publishing sector and we are recruiting! Plum require a Junior Agent to work alongside our primary children’s agents and with our existing illustrators to develop new opportunities for children’s illustrators working in pre-school, picture books, middle-grade and non-fiction publishing. You’ll be part of a creative, independently owned company, based in our Reigate office
The job will include:
- Negotiating offers and contracts, closing deals and securing the best terms possible for the artist.
- Managing own projects from initial commission through to delivery.
- Ensuring project briefs are sent to artists correctly and on time and offering guidance and support.
- Organising and undertaking UK client meetings on a regular basis
- Attending book fairs when requested
- Attending events when required
- Contributing to team marketing plans and assisting in briefing and creating digital campaigns
- Regularly creating and sending out artwork collections to clients
- Responding to enquires as required
- Developing artists portfolios.
- Keeping abreast of trends and requirements within the industry.
- Managing artist submissions.
- Excellent phone manner
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Confident presentation skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills?
- Friendly persona that can keep calm under pressure
- Broad knowledge of illustration + commissioning audience
Required technical skills:
- Photoshop / Adobe Suite
Highly desired skills:
- InDesign, creating print ready promotional material
- Experience working within animation
Contract & hours:
Monday to Friday
9.00am-5.00pm + occasional additional hours as required to fulfil your role.
Negotiable – dependent on experience
APPLY BY SENDING A COVER LETTER & C.V. TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
*As part of your application, please outline your salary expectations.
Closing date: June 11th 2021