We are working on a 12-months parental cover Policy and Engagement Manager role with a lovely scientific membership charity in London. This role will be looking after higher education and scientific policy activities, as well as promoting policy engagement and issue to the society's members.
- Drive engagement across the organisation, focusing particularly on supporting early career members and researchers from minority backgrounds
- Lead the operational strategy of position statements, coordinating team members, governance and society staff
- Manage another member of team and a Policy intern
- Lead the society's response to policy government inquiries, consulting relevant experts in the field and drafting documents as well as managing the documents review process
- Provide delivery support to the Director of Global Influence and Inclusion for new large-scale science policy projects
- Promote projects and other opportunities to society members
This person will ideally have strong experience in science policy and research funding, and they will be able to work on policy consultation projects which entail interpreting and summarising complex information in a clear and effective way.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.