Do you have experience of working in science policy or related areas? We are working with a highly respected Scientific Society who are recruiting a Policy & Engagement Manger for a 12 month Fixed Term Maternity Cover. This role will be responsible for progressing external scientific and higher education policy activities for the Society, as well as promoting science policy issues and engagement to members of the Society. This role will also be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Society’s ambitious goals and projects. This role offers a hybrid working arrangement with 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home.
Some of the key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Contributing to the Society’s culture of being a member-driven organisation, by listening to the community, challenging the status quo and converting engagement into strengthened and productive relationships.
- Working with other Managers to drive engagement across the organisation.
- Ensuring that the Society take advantage of opportunities to amplify the voices of their members.
- Line management of two members of the team
- Leading on responses to policy consultation and Government inquiries
- Working across the organisation to promote projects and opportunities to members and the wider society.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of working in science policy or related areas, with a demonstrable interest in science and policy and ideally with knowledge of research funding bodies, government and other science policy stakeholders. You will have a proven track record of responding to policy consultations and Government inquiries, with the ability to analyse, interpret and summarise complex information. Strong project management skills are essential as is the ability to co-ordinate conflicting priorities.
For further information, please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.