Polity Press, a leading publisher in the social sciences and humanities, has an opening for a full-time, permanent Marketing Executive to work as part of our friendly and dynamic marketing team in Oxford. The post offers a rare opportunity for an individual to acquire a broad range of skills associated with marketing and publicity for publishing.
We are looking for a self-motivated, highly organised and driven person with excellent communication and presentation skills to help drive forward interest and sales for Polity’s cutting-edge booklist. Relevant work experience or training in marketing for publishing is strongly preferred. A degree in the social sciences, humanities or publishing is considered beneficial but not essential.
Your primary responsibilities include developing and executing innovative and creative marketing and publicity campaigns for your assigned book lists, targeting multiple media channels. You will lead campaigns from start to finish, creating engaging content, managing schedules, planning, analysing and reporting on their effectiveness to inform future marketing strategies.
You will collaborate closely with sales teams, review editors and media contacts and build strong working relationships with authors and editorial colleagues to provide the highest level of care.
Required skills & knowledge:
- Highly organised, with the ability to work under pressure, manage a large workload, and keep to tight schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with confidence in presenting your ideas internally and externally.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently.
- The ability to think analytically, with good numeracy and financial awareness for marketing activities.
- Experience of working with demanding authors, communicating their subject and message sensitively and effectively.
- Well networked with media contacts and curious about all forms of media for marketing.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience and skills, 25 days holiday rising to 30 days after 3 years’ service (plus Bank holidays) and a contributory pension scheme. Hybrid working once established.
If you are serious about a career in marketing for publishing please apply with full CV, the names and email addresses of two referees, plus a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a good fit for the post, to: Clare Ansell, General Manager
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th January 2024. Interviews will be held online on Wednesday 17th January 2024.
We are sorry we are not able to reply to unsuccessful candidates.
Polity is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.