A leading Educational Publisher have an exciting opportunity for a results-focused, tenacious and analytical Portfolio Manager (12 month fixed term maternity contract) that will work across a range of Higher Education product portfolios. Based from their London office, you will drive strategy through a deep understanding of the customers, learning science capabilities, platforms, market and competitor intelligence. You will represent the voice of the customer for the portfolio, using your data and insights to optimise your portfolio in alignment with commercial and strategic priorities.
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for developing and delivering the portfolio product strategy, employing principles of product lifecycle management, whilst advocating and promoting the portfolio to internal and external customers. The successful role holder will be a strong collaborator across all functions in the business, whilst embracing a culture of ideation and innovation for business transformation.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Accountable for revenue and profitability of a regional product portfolio and collaborate with sales and marketing to meet or exceed business goals.
- Identify, develop and present effective business cases to support product lines and versions, innovations or enhancements, and new products and services.
- Retain and recruit authors and/or SMEs for maximum performance, status and influence, with effective succession planning as required
- Provide transparency to go-to-market teams and the business on product release timelines.
- Determine allocation of investment in the portfolio through a variety of tools and data with commercial acumen honed from customer insight.
Ideal skills & experience:
- Strong, demonstrable experience in learning science, publishing, educational technology (EdTech), or in related product management positions, including digital product management/development or in the capacity of a Commissioning Editor or similar.
- Previous experience within the Higher Education sector would be ideal.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, with postgraduate qualifications desirable.
If you are a natural self-starter and possess excellent communication skills, we want to talk to you. This role could be the perfect next step for a Senior Development Editor, or Assistant / Commissioning Editor. Please get in touch to find out more!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.